Slow Learner
 
 
For the past few days, I have been lagging behind in my chores doing only bare minimum needed for the day to smoothly sail in. This includes cooking, vegetable shopping and  checking mails. So, today being a Monday, I decided to inspire myself by reading some inspirational quotes about education. When I stumbled upon this quote

"If you have told a child thousand times, he/she still does not understand, then it is not the child who is the slow learner" - Walter barbee, it struck a chord with me.
It just shows that we are caught in the web of looking at things from one angle and it has entangled to the point we are not able to see other angles to it.

This is true to me when I deal with my daughter who is a fuzzy eater. I guess what bugs me most is that she takes about 45 mins to complete her small meal. I keep repeating to her "you need to eat faster" and she does her usual routine of taking her own sweet time. I recollect that even yesterday I complained to her that she has not understood that she needs to eat little faster.
Suddenly after reading this it made me realize who has been the "slow learner". Definitely not my daughter.  I notice that I am  totally lost and streamlined in the fact she is not doing it, I forget to try other modes of communication. Surely, I can apply this to my son too when he doesn't understand the need to sit with his spine straight up especially while watching TV.
Do you have similar experiences with your kids?. Would like to hear from you. Please share it in the comment box.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Osmosis in potato

Why cut apples turn brown in color?

The hoop glider!!!