Inspiration


Whom am I competing against?... Quite often I forget this and start comparing myself with some body who is better than me  in a particular field. It could sometimes be my friend, husband, sister or even my own kids. Looking at my son I have compared my drawing skills to his and wondered why didn't I start it at a younger age. Recently, I have realised how much of my energy, time is lost in this comparison which drains the positive energy and leaves you feeling slump and discontent. Rather, If it is an inspiration that you get from others by observing their talent it guides you to progress in that field of interest.

It is the same observation that some body else is better than you, but just the shift of our focus in absorbing that knowledge to get better at it that makes a difference instead of feeling incompetent which makes the BIGGEST difference. For example, identifying the points to be careful about the angle at which the curves are, breaking down the object into smaller segments, knowing the color sense etc would enhance my drawings too instead of beating myself for not being able to draw well. Isn't it?. When I compare myself feeling negative I realise I loose the track of "enjoying" and get into the track of "competition"

Amazing what these small, small thoughts could do to us..........This reminds me of a quote by Nithyashanti which he had posted on facebook.


"the simple truth....
You can think anything. As long as you know it's just a thought there is never any problem. All problems come from assuming our thoughts are true. Reality is always kinder than our thoughts about it. When we end our war with reality, we end all problems in the world. All has always been completely well".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Osmosis in potato

Why cut apples turn brown in color?

The hoop glider!!!